Thursday, May 22, 2008

Teenage Beauties

Check out my oldest two daughters:

Don't you just love them?

Needless to say, I am pretty proud of these two.

Please don't send your sons around for at least another 5 years. I'm still enjoying them.

I'm trying to help them through those turbulent teenage years.

I'm trying to help them remember who they really are and how special they are.

I don't want them falling into all those false beliefs that plague girls in this modern society; lies told to women about how to look, how to feel, and about a woman's role etc.

I want them to know that they are precious daughters of our Heavenly Father. I want them to know they are spiritual beings endowed with special gifts and talents that can be used to bless the lives of all of us around them.

I want them to know that they can keep on progressing forever and that they never need to settle for anything less than what our Father in Heaven has promised them.

I don't seek to control them or take away their agency, but I am actively protecting them, nurturing them and providing opportunities for them to develop in every way that I can think of.

Sometimes it's hard for me because I have so much to tell them, so much I have learned in my life that I want to share with them. Sometimes I forget that people learn line upon line, precept on precept. For that, I will have to ask them for their patience with me. I'm only an overzealous father like many others.

I only ask those of you who read this blog one favor. If you ever run in to my girls, remember how I think of them, how I believe in them. Remember they are your sisters if not your granddaughters, nieces or cousins. They are your fellow human beings that merit the respect and love that the Savior showed women in his day. Join me in encouraging them to be all that they can be and remind them that their father is watching. I'm talking about both of their fathers.



Thanks for reading.


Father of the Girls

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

They are beautiful...I love those pictures.

Anonymous said...

They are wonderful girls

Ada's Girl said...

I love these wonderful girls. They are as sweet and pure as they look. We always keep them and you in our prayers. You and Claudia are doing a great job with all the children. You all make us so happy. You are the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

How on earth are you going to keep the boys back? Maybe you need to invest in a shotgun?

I love your girls too!

katherine said...

I have to say I think Analisa Sarah and really great sisters!!!

Carrie said...

Beautiful! They are so blessed to have a father like you!