Thursday, August 27, 2009

Friend Story




A while back I wrote some stories on this blog about my childhood friendship with Kent Richards back in Fairfield, Ohio. By writing those entries, a flood of good memories came back to me and so I approached one of the editors of the Friend Magazine that lives in my ward to see if she thought the Friend might be interested in Kent's conversion story when he and I were around 11 or 12. She said that they would definitely be interested. So after submitting about 5 drafts of the story I finally came close enough to writing something that would be appropriate for the audience, children who are members of the LDS Church. I have to thank Jan Pinborough, my editor friend, for her assistance in helping me finally get it right.

Below, you can click on the link to the Sept Issue of the Friend. Our story is called "Campfires and Testimonies." Hope it pleases you!

4 comments:

Blue said...

Brett that's a great story! and how cool that you got it published. i love the artwork they created for it. what a wonderful thing to be able to share with you children, nieces and nephews. and someday, grandchildren.

hope you buy extra copies of 9/2009 friend! and don't forget to tell about this to Kent!

Daisie said...

CONGRATULATIONS BRETT! Love reading your stories!

Carrie said...

I love that picture of you and Kent! I just found my September Friend. I can't wait to go read it.

Ada's Girl said...

Dear Brett,
You have been awesome in every way since childhood. Congratulations for being able to share that wonderful experience that changed all of our lives. You are a crusader for righteousness still. Love you.
Mom